Dr. Tiffany’s Top 5 Tips for Improving Gut Health!
1. Chiropractic Care – Obviously, since I am a chiropractor I have to speak about the benefits of chiropractic care on the body and gut. Our Nervous System, the master system of our body, controls every single function that our bodies do. It consists of the brain, spinal cord, and spinal nerves that supply every single muscle and organ in our bodies. Chiropractic works directly with the Nervous System to improve its function with adjustments to the spine to allow those spinal nerves to exit freely, without interference. When those nerves are pinched, irritated or interfered with by misalignments, 100% of the messages sent from the brain, through the spinal nerves, to specific muscles and organs don’t get received. Example: If the nerve that supplies the intestines is irritated by a misalignment in the spine, maybe only 70% of the brains messages get received by the intestines. That means 30% of the messages aren’t getting to their target. So the intestines are not able to function at 100% and this may result in constipation, diarrhea, bloating, gas etc. Making sure your Nervous System is functioning at its best is crucial for maintaining overall health. We use a state of the art scanning system that allows us to see exactly how well your Nervous System is functioning, along with spinal muscle imbalances and thermal scans to see where nerves may be irritated due to inflammation and misalignments.
To learn more about our scanning technology click the link: https://thechiroedge.com/spine-and-nervous-system-scanning/
2. Food Sensitivities: Know what they are and avoid them! When it comes to diet, there are so many different ways to eat and so many experts in the field. Depending on who you talk to you will be told that the healthiest way to eat is keto, paleo, vegan, vegetarian, carnivore, juicing, fasting, etc. You get the point! There is no one right way to eat for everybody and you have to figure out what lifestyle is going to be the best for you to be able to do and stick to. However, there is one thing that every single person should do. Know exactly what your food sensitivities are and avoid them! If your body has a food allergy or sensitivity and you continue to eat it, you are causing a lot of inflammation and damage to build up in your gut and eventually entire body. The longer you eat foods that your body can’t process correctly, the more likely you are to have problems down the road. The cool thing is that food sensitivities don’t always last forever. Sometimes you could be sensitive to a food because of certain stresses your body is dealing with. As your body heals and becomes stronger it is very common for food sensitivities to go away. So just because you may need to avoid certain foods now to allow your body to heal doesn’t always mean you will have to deprive yourself of it forever. Keep in mind that food sensitivities are not the same thing as food allergies though!
For more information visit www.creatingbalancedhealth.com Use code EDGE when ordering your kit for $20 off.
3. Probiotics and restoring your microbiome – Your gut microbiome is made up of good bacteria, bad bacteria, and yeast. When you are healthy all three of these are in perfect balance. Unfortunately, most people these days do not have a healthy microbiome. From food to chemicals to daily stress our microbiome can become overrun with yeast or bad bacteria causing many health issues. This results in decreased immunity, digestion problems, inflammation, skin disorders, etc. Your brain and gut have a strong connection so when your gut is unhealthy it can cause emotional disorders as well like anxiety, worry, etc. Taking a really great quality probiotic daily can help you restore your microbiome and allow your health to improve greatly. I have tried many probiotics over the years and have found some good ones but the best one I have found, that I take daily myself is Terraflora. It is a soil based probiotic which means it does not need refrigerated either. That makes it a lot more convenient to carry in your purse or have sitting on the counter to be reminded to take it.
4. Sleep– Making sure that you are getting the right amount of sleep and quality sleep is vital to the health of your body, and in turn, your gut. When you are sleeping and you are able to reach deep sleep that is when your body rebuilds itself from a cellular level. If you are not getting quality sleep, waking up multiple times a night, not able to get comfortable in your bed, then you are not letting your body reach those very important stages of sleep. Most of the time sleep quality begins with the mattress. If your mattress is old or not supportive enough you are not allowing yourself to get proper sleep. I recommend to every single person the same exact mattress that I use myself. Element Mattress was designed by chiropractors to make sure that it has proper support for your entire body. Not only does it support you while sleeping but it also helps you hold your adjustments longer and allows you to get more out of your chiropractic care.
Check out their website for more information at https://www.elementmattress.com/pages/chiropractic-edge and use the code EDGE when checking out for 20% off your entire order!
5. Collagen – Collagen is the most abundant protein in the human body. Up to 30% of all the protein in your body is collagen protein. Up to 70% of skin, hair, nails and nearly 100% of connective tissues are made from collagen. It even impacts the overall health of your gut, including gut integrity. Evidence shows that amino acids in collagen may reduce GI inflammation and help inhibit oxidative stress of the intestines. Healthy collagen levels have been shown to help regulate proper gut acidity and helps to heal the intestinal wall. I use and love the Dr. Axe Brand, Multi Collagen Formula.
Hope you enjoyed our Top 5 tips and are able to incorporate them into your life in order to enjoy a healthier you. If you are interested in setting up an appointment with us Click the link above to “Schedule an Appointment” or call us at 717-749-7111.